Steel Grating Glossary
- Nosing: An added strip attached to the leading edge of a stair tread and landing for visual indication of an edge.
- Cutouts or Penetrations: Removed sections of grating that are banded either with standard banding or kickplate banding.
- Load Bar: Vertical flat bars constituting the grating strength.
- Twist Rod: Twisted square bar forged into the top of the load bars.
- Banding: The flat bar welded to the exposed ends of load bars for safety during installation.
- Kickplate: Flat bar typically 130 x 6 replacing banding conforming to NZ Standards minimum 100 mm above top of grating.
- Cut to Size Only: No end banding included.